It is one of the few items I purchased this year in person, and not online: I love my griddle! It looks like I said girdle…and maybe I need one of those too. But no — I said griddle. An Oster DuraCeramic Griddle, to be precise.
I LOVE this appliance! We really like to have breakfast for dinner and I almost always make buttermilk pancakes (recipe coming soon!). But for the longest time I had two skillets going at the same time to get dinner on the table quickly. I always make a big batch of pancakes (about 15 big ones), so waiting for one pancake at a time makes me plumb crazy, y’all!
I decided I needed a griddle so I could make two at a time more easily. Well, bonus! I can fit three at a time on this griddle! Pardon my photography…that fell off my to do list so long ago, it’s not even funny <sigh>.
Recently, I used it to make two quesadillas at a time, and that worked like a charm — except — no photos. I am definitely a work in progress.
This griddle was not an impulse purchase. What does that say about me…that I need to mention that? It was actually a birthday present! I read about griddles and compared griddles and shopped for griddles, until I settled on this one. And here’s why:
- It is BIG (see above comments).
- It has a non-stick surface, but is NOT coated with teflon. So no flaking, no requirement to cook on medium, no unwanted chemicals in the food.
- It has its own heat source, so it is portable and it won’t scratch my glass cooktop (like a stovetop griddle).
- It does not require “seasoning” like a cast iron griddle; it is ready to go immediately.
- It was only about $30 at my local Walmart.
I really appreciate modern conveniences. And I like to get the cooking done and get down to eating; that’s why my griddle is #ASimplerJoy for me. Sometimes it really IS the little things, people.
Do you eat breakfast for dinner at your house? Pancakes? Do you cook on a griddle? Or wear a girdle? 😛 Just kidding…