There are several verses in this portion of the chapter that KA asks us to consider. Here is what I wrote about some of them and included are the citations of the verse:
- God can heal whenever He chooses. He responds to prayer and submission (2 Kings 20:1, 4-5)
- Though our pain is incurable and our iniquity is great, He will restore us…He brings the pain, yet out of His great mercy, He also brings the remedy (Jer. 30:15-17)
- He is tender with the broken hearted (Ps 147:3)
- There is no other cure for what ails us. There is only one help, one solution.
- Our healing is the fulfillment of prophecy – we are rescued (Luke 4:18)
- His pain is our gain. His peace brings our release. Though we constantly disappoint, He constantly comes through for us (2 Peter 2: 24-25).
He heals our broken hearts. He is the remedy for our pain. Our pain results from the sin in the world which constantly separates us from Him, corrupts our body and soul, and brings us in to conflict with ourselves and others. Though we did not deserve such sacrifice, Christ bore the weight of all our sin so that we might be reconciled to him and made whole. The world is not reconciled to Him so He also strengthens us to live in a hostile environment.
Sooo – what do you have to say about these verses????
JustaGirl…just like you