You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood,
a holy nation, a people for his own possession,
that you may proclaim the excellencies of him
who called you out of darkness
into his marvelous light
1 Peter 2:9, ESV
In Christ, You are…
If you are new to this study, Welcome! If you have missed anything (previous videos, challenges and printables), you can find them on the Come Study with Us, Inseparable page.
Inseparable: Lesson 11
Watch the Lesson 10 video: If the video doesn’t load immediately, please refresh your browser and, if you are reading this from an email, you will have to click through to the website to watch the video:
- God’s WORD for the week. Here’s week 11 printable download. And, I love this crown! It was a free download from this generous website. In Christ, we are adopted by God, co-heirs with Jesus, and this makes us royal family members in the Kingdom of God. The Holy Spirit is deposited in our hearts as a guarantee that we will enjoy the fulness of the Kingdom for eternity.
- Ashley’s WRITING (from pages 178, 179, 181).
“We hope in riches we haven’t seen yet, although they are things we have tastes of here and now. I think of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, freedom from fear, and the ability to forgive. These are qualities the indwelling Spirit produces within us as we allow Him to continually shape us into the likeness of Christ, and these are treasures that can never be destroyed.”
“In Christ, we’ve been sealed with the Holy Spirit and adopted as children into His family. God is never going to turn His back on Jesus, and therefore He will never turn on us.”
“As children of the King, we are royalty who one day enjoy eternity in the presence of God, casting our crowns at his feet. Although we are royalty, we are to live humbly and with constant awareness of those around us—we must set aside our selfish ambitions and seek out those who have yet to worship God.”
- See God’s Word at WORK “As heirs with Christ we are set to inherit everything that is His…we know that we will ultimately share in His glory” (p. 173)…so let’s live like it:
- Feel small and insignificant in your life? Remember that the heroes of the faith only dreamed of what we know and live (p.177).
- The Holy Spirit is at work to make your inheritance shine. Take inventory and pray for increase in the Fruits of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23), freedom from fear, and the ability to forgive as you have been forgiven (p. 177-178).
- We enjoy royal status, yet we represent Him and must honor His good Name. Reach out as His humble ambassador—how can you bring glory to His Name today?