Once you were dead
because of your disobedience
and your many sins (Ephesians 2:1, NLT).
You Are: Alive!
If you are new to this study, Welcome! If you have missed anything (previous videos, challenges and printables), you can find them on the Come Study with Us, Inseparable page.
If you missed the announcement, we are planning a webinar/interview with author Ashley Linne on October 9. We want to schedule it at a time when you can tune in and participate, so please click here to vote on the best time for you! I hope to record it and post it for those who cannot attend.
Inseparable: Lesson 3
Watch the Lesson 3 video: If the video doesn’t load immediately, please refresh your browser and, if you are reading this from an email, you will have to click through to the website to watch the video:
The Three W’s
- God’s WORD for the week. Today’s printable is a word search based on Romans 5:18 (VOICE). Fun! It prints as two pages, with answers on the second page…no peeking!! Thanks to the free website, Tools for Educators! Our verse:
As one man’s sin
brought about condemnation and punishment
for all people,
so one man’s act of faithfulness
makes all of us right with God
and brings us to new life.
Romans 5:18 (VOICE)
- Ashley’s WRITING. From page 40, she quotes God’s Word, which demonstrates our deep need for redemption and rescue:
For our wrongdoing runs too deep before You.
Our sins stack up against us—sure evidence of our guilt.
For our offenses are always with us;
they are insidious and lasting, as You know.
Our guilt says it all. We know it, too.
We took You for nothing, and did just the opposite of Your commands.
We broke our promises to You, ignored and rejected You.
We hatched up schemes to oppress others and rebel,
to twist the truth for our gain
while presenting it as honest-to-God fact (Isaiah 59:12-13, VOICE).
Our need for Christ is clear. But even mature Christians can get stuck feeling like we are still dead in our sins, instead of remembering that we are dead to sin. I can relate to what Ashley says on page 38.
Hey y’all — this week, let’s try to remember we’ve been rescued from sin!
Please do join the discussion (1) in the comments here on the blog or (2) on the FaceBook group page.
- See God’s Word at WORK in your world:
- On pp. 44-45, Ashley compares those of us who are “in Christ” to Lazarus, coming out of the tomb. Think: are there things from the old, dead life that try (like the grave clothes) to hold you back? List them in your journal under “What is holding me back:”
- Who can you count on (along with the Lord) to help untangle you from the grave clothes? Share the list you’ve made with that person and ask for prayer.
- Write this on sticky notes to post on your bathroom mirror, dashsboard, and microwave: I am tangled up in the grace, mercy and redmption of Christ. Or enjoy this extra printable I made because I think you’re awesome!
Meet me at the FaceBook page! Let’s make time to encourage one another this week!!