And Jesus came and said to them,
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father
and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all
that I have commanded you
(Matt 28: 18-20, ESV).
You Are: Commissioned!
If you are new to this study, Welcome! If you have missed anything (previous videos, challenges and printables), you can find them on the Come Study with Us, Inseparable page.
If you missed the announcement, we are planning a webinar/interview with author Ashley Linne on October 9. We want to schedule it at a time when you can tune in and participate, so please click here to vote on the best time for you! I hope to record it and post it for those who cannot attend.
Inseparable: Lesson 4
Watch the Lesson 4 video: If the video doesn’t load immediately, please refresh your browser and, if you are reading this from an email, you will have to click through to the website to watch the video:
The Three W’s
- God’s WORD for the week. Click here for a printable notecard with a bonus bookmark. The notecard looks like this:
- Ashley’s WRITING. Notice what Ashley says about success and discipleship on pages 54 and 55:
“If we are allowing love to be the life force of every decision we make and everything we do, we will get better and better at hearing God’s voice and following His specific will in different situation. It doesn’t mean we will avoid failure, it means we will redefine success.“
“Our love for Him is going to rearrange our priorities, affect the way we interact with every person we encounter, change the very way we see people.”
“This is discipleship—allowing God’s Spirit within us to make us more like Jesus and responding to His voice when He calls…making disciples is your job. It takes time and commitment to another person, and usually involves modeling spiritual disciplines, such as praying studying Scripture, and so on.”
Please do join the discussion (1) in the comments here on the blog or (2) on the FaceBook group page.
- See God’s Word at WORK in your world: We are called to share the gospel and make disciples of (mentor) others. Ashley’s survey revealed the top three needs of young people who desire mentorship:
- To have a casual conversation
- To learn self-evaluation, in order to improve
- To be held accountable
Who are you discipling/mentoring already (your children and their friends can count)? Has God placed someone new on your heart?
- Always approach with humility
- Share all that the Lord has done for you
- Approach every encounter in love (with patience and kindness).
- If you can’t be patient and kind, consider: are you in need of a mentor yourself?
Meet me at the FaceBook page! Let’s connect with one another this week!!