So today we begin! Or begin again, for those of you who have rebooted with me 🙂 I just wanted to send out a quick reminder that we are starting the daily devotional today. As I have said before, it only takes 15 minutes or so. So you need at least 15 minutes, your bible, a notebook and the book, Reclaiming Your Joy, which is available instantly as an ebook. It is my first ebook (I know I am behind the times, again!). But for those of you who, like me, are a little behind, you can save it to a computer as a PDF, to a Kindle or to your phone – really nifty.
Here are a few phrases, from today’s devotional, that jumped out at me and scriptures that came to my mind that support them
- Joy is the assurance of knowing our LORD is in control, will see us through the difficult times, and will bring good out of a situation.
- And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.(ESV Rom 8:28)
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. (Jer 29:11-13
- Joy is the triumph of eternity over the moment
- For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (ESV Rom 8:38-39)
- Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (ESV Phi 4:11-13)
I promise I am no spoiler – if you haven’t read it, the devotional says far more about these things than I could say in this short space. Tell me, did you get started today? What did you learn that you did not know? What did God show you about yourself? Have a joy-filled day!
JustaGirl…just like you!