One of my favorite things about my Write 31 Days series last year was my Sunday Soundtrack every week. Music is powerful. Scripture says the Lord inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3). When we confess our faith, we glorify God by speaking the truth about His goodness. Y’all, there is power in speaking truth because Jesus IS Truth (John 14:6).
So, if we speak about God’s goodness
and sing about God’s goodness,
it is GOOD for us!
To focus on God’s goodness, I’ve made a Spotify playlist that you can find here (you will need the free app to be able to play this).
Or, you can watch/listen to the songs on Youtube—I’ve got links in the list below. Each week, on Sunday, I will give you six more songs to help you celebrate God’s goodness. I hope they encourage you as much as they encourage me. Sometimes I just need to be still and soak in the Truth. Here’s this week’s list:
- FAMOUS ONE Chris Tomlin just knows about worship. There is so much scripture woven together in this…this song drips with Truth.
- CROWN HIM WITH MANY CROWNS This is an a cappella version of one of my favorite traditional hymns. I hadn’t heard of Chris Rupp before this (apparently he also sings country music!), but I’m really impressed!!
- YOU ARE SO GOOD TO ME This song reminds us how beautiful it is when we praise the Lord with our everyday words. Follow the link above to see a live performance with great quality video — Third Day rocks!
- GREAT ARE YOU LORD This song opens with one praise statement after another. All Sons & Daughters, you speak my husband’s love language — bullet points! LOL! Seriously, this song is Truth upon Truth…
- YOUR GREAT NAME Natalie Grant’s sweet voice is honest and pure. This acoustic arrangement is perfect for stirring our quiet hearts.
- A MIGHTY FORTRESS IS OUR GOD I love this old hymn, written by Martin Luther. This song is from the Chris Rice album, that I mentioned last Sunday, PEACE LIKE A RIVER: THE HYMNS PROJECT. This is one of my all-time favorite albums!
Well friends, it’s Day Nine of the Write 31 Days challenge and I’m still struggling to get my posts out! I’m posting this and it it’s close to 10:30pm again. I am still hoping to catch up and start getting these out earlier in the day, but time will tell.
I am writing about God’s goodness for me as much as for you. I need reminding about what I already know, reminding about what I have learned and lived for so many years. The truth is, this year has left me a little more broken than usual, so I am diving deep into this confession: God is good.
Which song from our list is your favorite? Do you have one to add? Anyone out there on Spotify?? If not, you can download the app here and follow me (I just use the free version to make playlists that I listen to on my computer). Do you create playlists on iTunes, Amazon, or somewhere else? How do you like it?
Tell me what's on your heart: